Day 1: Full Day Jeep Tour
Our representative meets you at the Wadi Rum Visitor’s Center to assist in your transfer to Rum Village, where your 4×4 tour begins with one of our professional driver guides.
A full day’s jeep tour covers between 8 and 12 sites, including lunch and an hour of rest time.
The number of sites visited depends on the pacing you choose. Please let your guide know if there is a site, you do not want to miss!
Sights may include:
• Red Sand Dune Climb – a good workout to climb up and even more fun to run down!
• Anfashiyeh Inscriptions – rock art along the ancient caravan route to Mecca
• ‘Lawrence House’ – find out the real story of this ancient stone structure!
• Rakhabat Canyon – a highlight of Wadi Rum’s red sand desert
• Barragh Canyon – a scenic place for a wander
• Burdah Rock Bridge – the highest natural arch in Wadi Rum
• Um Fruth Arch – a 20 m climb; about 20 minutes up and back; a great photo opp! • Wadak Rock Bridge – an easy climb close to Khazali Mountain
• Um Semmen Rock Bridge – an easier climb in the Wilderness Zone’s White Desert
• Mushroom Rock – yes – it looks like a mushroom!
• Cow Rock – it has two legs and a round body! A great area to climb and look out over the desert
• Abu Hasheba Canyon – a kilometer hike through a narrow desert canyon, your guide will meet you at the end of the canyon
• Water collection site – peek at a Bedouin water collection system
• Red Sand Dune scenic views – take a few minutes to gaze out over the desert from the red dunes on the edge of the Wilderness Zone.
Your tour ends in our fixed camp, where you may watch the sunset, go for a wander or relax around the campfire with a cup of tea, before enjoying a traditional Bedouin dinner.
After your meal, conversation often lingers late around the fire, as we gaze up at the magnificent night sky.
Your guides can also be convinced to share Bedouin songs and stories…
Here you will meet one of our professional trekking guides.
With your guide, drive south through the largely deserted southern valleys of the Protected Area’s Wilderness Zone to Jebel Khasch, a high ridge stretching east to west for several kilometers. Walk along the top of the ridge for three to four hours, admiring the views of Wadi Rum to the north and Saudi Arabia to the south.
This is a magnificent and popular walk along a safe, clearly marked path.
Descend from the ridge and your guide will find a comfortable spot for a late lunch before heading back to your starting point at the Village.
Please, feel free to ask for a longer staying and further Experiences such Camel Rides and Sand Boarding. We will be delighted to satisfy every need.
Duration: 2 days/1 night
Activities: Jeep Tour, Hiking, Sightseeing
Physical Rating: Moderate
Price: 100 JD per person (2+ guests)
160 JD for one guest
Age 6 – 12: half-off; 5 and under: free
Meeting Point: Wadi Rum Visitor’s Center / Rest House, 9:30 am
Finishing Point: Rum Village, after 9:30 am
Price Includes: Guide, jeep services, accommodation in fixed desert camp, all meals, water, Bedouin tea, private tent with bed and bedding
-Wish to camp in the desert?
We will choose a spot and provide all camping gear as well as tasty meals prepared over the fire. 20 JD extra per adult guest; 10 JD for children age 6 – 12; 5 and under, free.
-A camel transfer back to the village is a great option at 30 JD per guest (children of 5 and under may not ride camels) for a 2 – 3 hour ride, arriving after 11:00 am.