Bedouin Culinary & Tea Tradition
ONE DAY/ONE NIGHT EXPERIENCE
A breathtaking full immersion in our wonderful Culture. Combine a half day Jeep Tour with a nice Cooking-Tea Bedouin Hospitality Lesson! Only 75 JD p/p (minimum 2 guests)
Day 1: Jeep Tour
Our representative meets you at the Wadi Rum Visitor’s Center to assist in your transfer to Rum Village, where your 4×4 tour begins with one of our professional driver guides.
A jeep tour covers 6 sites, including lunch and an hour of rest time.
The number of sites visited depends on the pacing you choose. Please let your guide know if there is a site, you do not want to miss!
Sights may include:
• Red Sand Dune Climb – a good workout to climb up and even more fun to run down!
• Anfashiyeh Inscriptions – rock art along the ancient caravan route to Mecca
• ‘Lawrence House’ – find out the real story of this ancient stone structure!
• Rakhabat Canyon – a highlight of Wadi Rum’s red sand desert
• Barragh Canyon – a scenic place for a wander
• Burdah Rock Bridge – the highest natural arch in Wadi Rum
• Um Fruth Arch – a 20 m climb; about 20 minutes up and back; a great photo opp! • Wadak Rock Bridge – an easy climb close to Khazali Mountain
• Um Semmen Rock Bridge – an easier climb in the Wilderness Zone’s White Desert
• Mushroom Rock – yes – it looks like a mushroom!
• Cow Rock – it has two legs and a round body! A great area to climb and look out over the desert
• Abu Hasheba Canyon – a kilometer hike through a narrow desert canyon, your guide will meet you at the end of the canyon
• Water collection site – peek at a Bedouin water collection system
• Red Sand Dune scenic views – take a few minutes to gaze out over the desert from the red dunes on the edge of the Wilderness Zone.
Your tour ends in our fixed camp, where you will attend our Cook Lessons about the Bedouin Hospitality:
• How to prepare a wonderful Tea? How to serve it?
• The Bedouin Meal – Desert Traditions, Ingredients and Preparing a tasty dinner.
Then you may watch the sunset, go for a wander or relax around the campfire with a cup of tea, before enjoying the traditional Bedouin dinner you contributed to prepare.
After your meal, conversation often lingers late around the fire, as we gaze up at the magnificent night sky.
Your guides can also be convinced to share Bedouin songs and stories…
Availability: Year Round
Duration: 1 days /1 night
Activities: Jeep tour with options for hiking and climbing
Physical Rating: Moderate
Price (2+ guests): 75 JD per guest
Price (1 guest): 110 JD per guest
Children 5 and under: free; ages 6 – 12: 50% off
Meeting Point: Wadi Rum Visitor’s Center, 9:30 am
Finishing Point: Rum Village, round 9am
Price Includes: jeep services, accommodation in fixed desert camp, all meals, water, Bedouin tea, private tent with bed and bedding.