The Bedouin Way
TWO DAYS/ONE NIGHT EXPERIENCE
A breathtaking full immersion in our wonderful desert. Combine a full day jeep tour & full day camel ride to enjoy all beauty of Wadi Rum. Full board for JD 90 per person (minimum 2 guests)
Day 1: Full Day 4×4 Tour
Our representative meets you at the Wadi Rum Visitor’s Center to assist in your transfer to Rum Village, where your 4×4 tour begins with one of our professional driver guides.
A full day’s jeep tour covers between 8 and 12 sites, including lunch and an hour of rest time.
The number of sites visited depends on the pacing you choose. Please let your guide know if there is a site, you do not want to miss!
Sights may include:
• Red Sand Dune Climb – a good workout to climb up and even more fun to run down!
• Anfashiyeh Inscriptions – rock art along the ancient caravan route to Mecca
• ‘Lawrence House’ – find out the real story of this ancient stone structure!
• Rakhabat Canyon – a highlight of Wadi Rum’s red sand desert
• Barragh Canyon – a scenic place for a wander
• Burdah Rock Bridge – the highest natural arch in Wadi Rum
• Um Fruth Arch – a 20 m climb; about 20 minutes up and back; a great photo opp! • Wadak Rock Bridge – an easy climb close to Khazali Mountain
• Um Semmen Rock Bridge – an easier climb in the Wilderness Zone’s White Desert
• Mushroom Rock – yes – it looks like a mushroom!
• Cow Rock – it has two legs and a round body! A great area to climb and look out over the desert
• Abu Hasheba Canyon – a kilometer hike through a narrow desert canyon, your guide will meet you at the end of the canyon
• Water collection site – peek at a Bedouin water collection system
• Red Sand Dune scenic views – take a few minutes to gaze out over the desert from the red dunes on the edge of the Wilderness Zone.
Your tour ends in our fixed camp, where you may watch the sunset, go for a wander or relax around the campfire with a cup of tea, before enjoying a traditional Bedouin dinner.
After your meal, conversation often lingers late around the fire, as we gaze up at the magnificent night sky.
Your guides can also be convinced to share Bedouin songs and stories…
Day 2: Full Day Camel Tour.
After a traditional breakfast, start your camel tour with one of our professional camel guides. Each of our local guides, all members of the Bedouin tribes indigenous to the area, has a personal and professional knowledge of the reserve and its sites.
Although our camel guides are not fluent English speakers, they have a deep understanding of their profession and their animals.
A full day’s tour crosses the red sand desert of Wadi Rum and covers the sites below. Lunch in the desert and an hour of rest time are also included.
• Lawrence’s spring – a serene mountain spring from which Lawrence is reputed to have drunk
• Khazali Canyon – a deep fissure in the red sandstone Khazali Mountain – decorated with a variety of ancient rock art
• Al Qattar Spring – across the valley from our fixed camp, a short walk up from the desert, the spring at Al Qattar Mountain afford fantastic desert views
Return to the village in the early afternoon for transport to your next destination.
Availability: Year Round
Duration: 2 days /1 night
Activities: Jeep tour with options for hiking and climbing & Camel Tour with sightseeing
Physical Rating: Moderate
Note: children under 5 must ride camel with an adult
Price (2+ guests): 110 JD per guest
Price (1 guest): 150 JD per guest
Children 5 and under: free; ages 6 – 12: 50% off
Meeting Point: Wadi Rum Visitor’s Center, 9:30 am
Finishing Point: Rum Village, after 2:30 pm
Price Includes: Guide, camel & jeep services, accommodation in fixed desert camp, all meals, water, Bedouin tea, private tent with bed and bedding.